[CUCBC Captains] Fw: Conservancy letter 'Rowing below Baits Bite'

Julian Granger-Bevan julian at cucbc.org
Tue Jun 1 21:57:01 BST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: PETER CONVEY <peter.convey at btinternet.com>
Date: 1 June 2010 16:52
Subject: Fw: Conservancy letter 'Rowing below Baits Bite'
To: CUCBC captains <captains at cucbc.org>
Cc: committee <committee at cucbc.org>, seniorcommittee at cucbc.org

Dear all

Please can captains note the contents of the attached letter from the
Conservancy. The letter very clearly demonstrates that the Conservancy
is prepared to act under its powers against clubs it sees as pursuing
this sort of behaviour, and if they do it is something that clubs will
be powerless to avoid.

At the same time, we have also been contacted by the City Council's
Environmental Health Officer who has received a megaphone use noise
complaint from before 0630 along Riverside (I think) - no specific
crew or club has been identified, but it again highlights that if
these authorities become interested in what our clubs are up to, this
is likely to accelerate their imposition of punitive restrictions
which, again, we will be able to do nothing about.

So, can I please re-emphasise the ever-present need for consideration
and commone sense to apply in any interactions with other river users,
especially in the intense last few days up to bumps?

Thanks
Pete