[CUCBC Captains] CUBC September Trials

Derek Rasmussen drasmussen1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 21:52:52 UTC 2010

Captains,

Congrats on a great showing by all in the Bumps this year.  I was very
impressed by the high quality of rowing that we have here in Cambridge.  As
the CUBC president elect, I hope to tap into this pool of talent that our
incredible college rowing system offers to fuel the 2011 Boat Race campaign.
 Last year we had several collegiate trialists win the Goldie-Isis race and
I expect one of them to make the Blue Boat this year.

Please help me to continue this successful progression by encouraging some
of your best athletes to train over the summer and to attend the President's
Challenge on September 21st in Goldie Boathouse.  I hope to see even more
athletes there than last year.  The numbers are a blessing for us as they
provide a larger pool of talent to draw from, but also a curse as we don't
have the time or resources to properly evaluate people.  Because of this it
is crucial that the trialists train to perform on the 5k erg test that will
take place the following day on the 22nd, as their strength to weight ratio
will form the basis for the first round of selection.

Enjoy your celebrations this week, I hope to see as many fit guys as
possible at Goldie this fall!

Thanks for the help,

Derek Rasmussen