[CUCBC Captains] Call for Lents Umpires

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Thu Feb 11 23:38:41 GMT 2010

I have attached a copy of the "ten outing form" to be returned to  me, (*
safetyadvisor at cucbc.org*) and cc Holly Hedgeland, *
(seniortreasurer at cucbc.org <seniortreasurer at cucbc.org>* ) by the 18th of
February.

The undertaking is designed to prevent incompetent crews taking part in the
racing and creating a danger to all other crews. The term "10 outings"
refers to the whole crew and the cox, and the outings must have been  in the
present term. It also refers to the average of individual members
experience, but a member cannot be accepted if they have done less than
eight. For example, if a member has only done 8 outings in this crew this
term, then that could be compensated by someone having done 12, but if he or
she has only done 7, then his/her outings do not count at all, and he/she
should not be in the crew. Rowing done on any occasion before this term does
not count, nor does rowing in another crew.

Do not forget the cox.
            Further more I will require a statement from your club safety
officer to the effect that all crews entered have completed the required
outings. Any club failing to provide these is not allowed to compete, AND
should any subsequently be found to be deliberately inaccurate, ALL crews in
that club are barred from any subsequent races!

Adam Lister

Safety Adviser