[CUCBC Captains] Use of Vortex edge blades on the Cam

Safety Advisor safetyadvisor at cucbc.org
Fri Apr 23 14:03:46 BST 2010

Dear all

in case any clubs are approached, I expect most will be aware that there is already considerable publicity about this swan, and I am yet to hear of any tangible progress in it being 'moved'  by the authorities. I would strongly advise clubs or individuals not to become involved in any activities with the press, tv, etc, which are likely in reality to take advantage of the situation. It is also hard see any such activity not involving in some way 'provoking' the type of incident that the press would inevitably want to see, which others will then quite reasonably see as unjustifiable behaviour.

Thanks
Pete