[CUCBC Captains] Lower Boats Captains' Course - Monday 5th

H. Hedgeland hh242 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 30 12:34:50 BST 2009

Dear Captains,

I’m the women’s captain of Balliol College Boat Club in Oxford and have a proposal/request/suggestion for any of you. We’re having a bit of trouble arranging a training camp abroad this year, and someone suggested a ‘boathouse swap’ or similar with one of the Cambridge clubs. I’m not sure if this has been done before, but it seemed like quite a good idea.

We would be looking to go away in -1st week of Trinity Term (11th-17th April). We can offer you access to our boathouse on the Isis (the part of the Thames which flows near the centre of Oxford). Our W1 actually train from the St Edward’s School boathouse in the village of Godstow, about a 30min cycle ride away, so I’m guessing a 1st crew would want to use our racking there instead (which should also be OK) as it’s less busy than the Isis and you can use a coaching launch (instead of cycling along the towpath). I think accommodation in college costs £13.50 a night in the vac, and there also a very good youth hostel next to the train station.

Anyway, get in touch if you think you might be interested!

Thanks,
Elizabeth Mumford
BCWBC Captain ’09-‘10