[CUCBC Captains] Queens' Ergs 09

Dessi Malinova queens.women at cucbc.org
Mon Oct 26 23:53:49 GMT 2009

Dear all,

It is with great pleasure that I announce the Novice Coxes talk for this
year.

The meeting will be held at 7.30pm sharp in the Lubbock Room, Peterhouse.

I will be running through some important safety information that CUCBC are
obliged to hand out to all the coxes, as well as giving some (hopefully)
helpful advice on coxing and coxing development that should be of interest
to all. I will also be around afterwards to answer any questions.

Representatives from the the Cam Conservators and the houseboat community of
the Cam will also be giving brief presentations. As you know, it is vitally
important for our continued use of the river that we respect the other river
users, and this part of the presentation should give us all some indication
as to how we can avoid further restrictions of how we use our river.

I realise this is reasonably short notice, but it is important if some coxes
are unable to attend due to genuinely pressing engagements, that
representatives from their respective clubs are in attendance to relay the
salient points. A quick roll call will be taken.

The Porters at Peterhouse should be able to give directions to the Lubbock
room, but just in case directions are below:

1. Go through the main gate at Peterhouse and into the first court.
2. At the far side of the court there is an archway, head through this into
the second court.
3. Continue straight on into the top right hand side of the court, and then
follow round to the right.
4. In front should be a door leading through to the library, head through
here and then turn left for the Lubbock room.

Look forward to seeing you all on Wednesday.

All the best,

Ted

CUCBC Coxing Rep 2009-2010