[CUCBC Captains] Courtesy and responsible behaviour

Thomas Walton cuwbc at cucbc.org
Mon Nov 3 22:57:51 GMT 2008

Dear all,

A few reminders are in order before Uni IVs starts on Monday.

   - Make sure you know the start/finish of your race!  I've received a few
   queries so have listed the locations at
   http://www.cucbc.org/node/199 .  The bottom finish of the men's coxed IVs
   will be marked on the day.
   - Check the race timetables and make sure you marshal on time in the
   right place.
   - If your crews have changed from those you've entered, you need to tell
   me!  Most changes will be acceptable but we need to know in case we get
   eligibility complaints.
   - If you need to scratch or make substitutions at the last minute, please
   email me as soon as you know (with names and an explanation).  I will be
   checking my email up to about 11.30am on race days although you may not get
   a response (in which case assume it's probably fine).  Subs MUST be from
   your college and eligible for the competition in which you want them to row.
   - Check the weather forecast and bring appropriate kit.  It's currently
   forecast to be warmer but possibly wet so don't get cold sitting around at
   the start, particularly the light IVs and the last few men's coxed races on
   Monday and Tuesday, who may be waiting a while.
   - Check all boats have bowballs and coxes are wearing lifejackets.
   - Marshals, please turn up on time!

If any men's crews going to the Tideway would like to go over the lock
between divisions on Friday then they should contact me immediately.  This
will not be possible on other days.

Thanks and looking forward to a good week's racing,

Thomas