[CUCBC Captains] Fwd: C & C Programme

Pete Convey PCON at bas.ac.uk
Tue May 13 12:13:20 BST 2008

Dear Captains,

nominations are open once again for the post of CUWBC Hon Secretary, the
decision having been made at the last club meeting to re-open nominations.
The elections will take place on Monday 19th May, at 7.30 pm at Goldie,
and all women's captains are eligible to vote. (Voting by proxy can be
done until 2359 on Sunday 18th) In addition, any member of a women's
boat club who's in statu pupillare is eligible to stand for the
position, so I'd be grateful if you'd pass this information on to your
clubs and consider running yourselves.

The job involves working on the CUCBC junior committee, being involved
in the day to day running of the Cam and in running races such as the
Bumps, and also being part of the CUWBC junior committee who
administratively support the squad's ambition to beat Oxford in three
boat races in March each year. It's great fun and an opportunity to meet
new people and be significantly involved in both University and College
level sport - and to qualify to wear a minty green splashtop! I can
highly recommend the role, but if you want any further information about
what's involved do get in touch by emailling cuwbc at cucbc.org or
eg288 at cam.ac.uk.

If you want to stand, you need to find a women's captain or anyone who's
rowed in a Boat Race for CUWBC or been a spare who's still in statu
pupillare to propose and second you. Then please email me a manifesto
explaining briefly why you'd be good at the job, by the end of Friday
16th. This will then be circulated, and you get the chance to say a
small amount about yourself at the meeting before voting begins.

Any questions, just shout.

Ellie Goodfield
CUWBC Hon Secretary 2007 - 2008