[CUCBC Captains] Umpiring Mays

Laura Sutcliffe cubc at cucbc.org
Fri May 9 10:53:13 BST 2008

Dear Captains,

Applications for CUWBC's summer Dev Squad are now open, please encourage
any of your rowers who you feel might benefit from it to apply! I would
be grateful if you could pass on the following message to your clubs.

Many thanks,

Harriet

--

CUWBC will be running a summer Development Squad from Monday 23th June
to Sunday 20th July which is open to all female college rowers and

We are looking for anyone who has had some experience of rowing or
coxing and is interested by the possibility of receiving more
individualised coaching and competing for the university in the summer
regattas. Dev Squad is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy rowing when the
weather is at its best, the Cam is least crowded and the stress of exams
is over.

If you fancy being a part of next year's campaign then the CUWBC summer
Dev Squad is the perfect introduction. Even if you're not sure if you
can/want to trial next term, dev squad is still a great chance to
improve your rowing.

Please fill in the online form at www.cuwbc.org asap (deadline 1st
June). If you are keen to trial but can't attend dev squad please fill
in the form anyway so we have your details. Any questions/queries please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

This year, we will also be running pre-Dev Squad erg sessions. These are
not essential but will give you a great head start once Dev
Squad/trialling begins. We will have a different focus for each session
and will include some advice on 2k strategy. If you are interested in
attending these sessions then please contact me separately (i.e. in
addition to the online form).

Thanks,
Harriet

Harriet Eldred