[CUCBC Captains] Novice coaching

Nicholas Cutler ncc25 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 7 17:10:22 BST 2008

To whom it may concern,

     Having previously written to CUCBC, and been advised by Peter Convey
to repeat my request here, I am writing to enquire about the possibility
of helping to coach novices within your club from next academic year.

     Overall, I have been involved in the sport for approximately fifteen
years, having been awarded half-colours by my university club, later
coaching novice crews while a postgraduate and subsequently on the Cam.
During this time, the major part of my own personal experience has been as
a single sculler training currentlywith Rob Roy BC.

     I am making this enquiry having reached the point in my own training
where I feel that I wish to make a contribution to the sport which I have
myself enjoyed. Having previously had some experience of coaching, I have
found working with novices both important and personally rewarding, and
therefore believe that I could make a real contribution. Similarly, as a
member of staff within the University it seems natural that I should offer
to help one of the colleges where I could offer some continuity in a club
which may otherwise be dependent on the skills of undergraduates.

     If you feel that this would be a possibility, then I would be pleased
to further discuss this with you. Similarly, of course, I understand that
any coaching I did would be on a voluntary basis.

     In the hope that you can give some consideration to my request, I
remain,

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Nicholas Cutler