[CUCBC Captains] Fwd: SiS Sports Products - Info Meeting at Hawks (and Possible Discounts)

Karla Borland cubc at cucbc.org
Mon Dec 22 17:35:23 GMT 2008

Dear Captains,

Please see the message below and forward to your alumni boat club contacts
to see if there is interest.  Please contact Chris Hesketh (CCed) if you are
interested or if you have any questions.

Regards,

Thomas
CUCBC Secretary

Dear Fellow Rower,

*Alumni Regatta - Sunday 27 September 2009*

In 2009 the University will celebrate its 800th anniversary.  Some of you
will know I ran a regatta in previous years, but a falling number of entries
did not make this viable to continue and the regattas stopped.

I have had exploratory interest from a number of contacts and consequently I
am writing to you to see if there are a sufficient number of alumni of your
college, who would have an interest in participating in a regatta as part of
the 800th anniversary activities.

The format would be as before with two crews racing side by side from the
Plough Pub end of the Long Reach upriver for about 1000/1200 metres
finishing after going under the railway bridge.  The winner of a race would
go forward to the next round.  Depending on the number of crews, the regatta
would start around 9.30am/10am and aim to finish before lunch.  Again
depending on numbers, there may be repechage races.

Those interested would arrange to use their college boats, which covers
insurance;  the aim is to have VIIIs racing side by side, but we have had
IVs in the past.

As a first step I would be grateful if this message could be circulated to
your alumni rowers / rowing club so I can gauge the level of interest.  I
would be the contact in the Development Office, if people want to contact me
direct with queries or whatever.

Yours sincerely

Chris